A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Wednesday, March 2

Parang sine...

Those things do happen in real life.

Crying and hugging at the airport departure area. I have never ever imagined myself being in one of those familiar OFW movie scenes. Flor Contemplation nga itoh.

Gosh. My dad and I brought my Mom to the airport this morning. She will be working as a babysitter at the "Land of Milk and Honey"/ "Land of the Free", US of A for 6 months. Now I can say that truly...Times are hard. It hits you square in the face.

I needed to be strong because for the next 6 months (or so...which I do pray hard that it wouldn't be "or so" or "another few months") I will be the so-called ilaw ng tahanan, the matriach of the Paterno household.

And that's a LOT of work. All of which was turned over last night, or rather early this morning.

Ang masasabi ko lang ay "Paano ba ang maging isang ina?!?"

Sometimes (which is an understatement and in reality would actually be almost ALL the time)I do think that I do not want to have a family in the future. A good friend says, "Di, ayan ka na naman. Mashado kang seryoso..." Yes, I am. Cuz I think that this shit is serious business. But he actually had a point. In the end, it'll be a "great ride", he said.

I am just scared. Damn scared. I also am thankful...that I have wonderful parents who are willing to give up EVERYTHING to make our lives better. It's just a hodge podge of emotions right now....really.

Friends, I hope you could spare a bit of your time to pray for me and my family that we continue to be strong and stay strong and to continue to love, continue to be a family.

Grabe, sad face sobra....

Hikbi.

4 Comments:

  • At March 3, 2005 at 9:43:00 PM GMT+8 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're a strong girl and you have a lot of faith in God. Something tells me you'll go through this just fine :)Go Didi!

     
  • At March 3, 2005 at 10:14:00 PM GMT+8 , Blogger Allister said...

    You can do it, Didi :)

    Now going to the bright side, your name makes me smile. It reminds me of the cartoon "Dexter's Laboratory". There, you are Dexter's irritatingly funny BIG sister, DEEDEE hahahaha...

     
  • At March 3, 2005 at 10:28:00 PM GMT+8 , Blogger Didi said...

    Thanks anne for ur encouraging words. need ur prayers for me and my family though :)

    Hi allister

    do i know u? :)

    how did u stumble across my blog?

     
  • At March 4, 2005 at 7:53:00 PM GMT+8 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love, mahirap talaga maging panganay.lalung mahirap magpaka-ina.at TALAGANg mahirap na talaga ang buhay ngayun..saludo ako sau kid!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home