A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Thursday, May 1

I just got back from my very bitin holiday in the summer paradise called Boracay. I now don the marks of a Bora vacationista: a great tan (which will, unfortunately turn BLACK at the end of the summer since I still have 12 more days to teach swimming…yes, under the scorching sun) and rather sexy tan lines.

I had loads of fun (with the scuba trial, the island tour, the snorkeling…even if the marine life was BLAH, the wild banana boat ride, the food trip, the shopping on a limited budget, the endless walking…super endless talaga, the invigorating massage with coconut oil, the swimming in ice cold water, the Kodak moments and, to top it all off, the free peep show…yes, there was one!) but then again I realized how INCOMPLETE it was…without my special someone. The whole trip I wished that Duane was there to share every moment (Cheezy!!!). I could not help but feel a tinge of envy (just a wee bit lang), whenever I would see Erika and Alvin (plus the millions of other honeymooning couples in Bora!) go sweet and…haaaaaaayyyyy!

I wish that Duane was there with me in romance haven because of the following:

1. The boat trip. He should have been there to hug me as we WHOLESOMELY slept on the cramped bunk bed. I doubt that you could do anything funky on the boat (as if I had something in mind!) with the creaking, groaning and moaning and the almost nauseating rocking of the ship plus the hundreds of passengers around you.
2. The road trip. From the port of Dumaguit, you have to take a two-hour ride to reach the Caticlan jetty port, where the bangkas will take you to the island of Boracay. It would have been nice if I had Duane’s shoulder to lean on (instead of the window…) and his hand to hold while passing through the scenery: the lush mountain side (well, some of it anyway…) and the waves rhythmic crashing on the jagged cliffs and the sandy shores…get the picture?
3. The beach with talc-like sand. Leisurely strolling down the beach HHWW combing the whole island (from station 3 to station 1…sana kayanin ng powers ko!), talking about anything and everything under the sun (Sun cellular bad daw?!?), keeping silent while watching the bangkas glide through the crystal waters, and lying down (HH of course…or even hugging) gazing at the black velvet, star stricken sky. Sigh…
4. The yummy food. Knowing that Duane and I are both foodies and equally matakaw (even if he wouldn’t admit it), the assortment of cuisine (from rustic Indian to formal French to “dirty” street food) would be heaven for us.
5. The fun, fun, fun water sports. My dear friend Chadd said that in his Bora trip last year, he went HHWS with his girl. I asked him, “What the heck is HHWS?!?” He, as a matter of factly, answered. “Holding Hands While Snorkeling.” The romance behind the ruggedness of these water sports.
6. The pasalubong shopping. Shopping for ourselves, shopping for our family, shopping for our friends…again HHWW in D’ Mall.
7. The beauty rest. We missed each other so much; we were texting before we got some shut eye. He texted me that he wished he could be beside me and hug me as we slept. WHOLESOMELY my dear friends! Then again, a little naughtiness under the sheets would do…hehehe!
8. The Kodak moments. Memories for keeps, of course. Since we don’t exactly have pictures together (take note: one year anniv na in June!), it would have been a great opportunity to start the Duane-Didi album.

Isn’t it obvious that I am just a die-hard romantic?!? Behind the tough chick exterior lies a mushy, near cheesy girly girl.

Well, there is always next year. We are already starting the Bora fund, and since we are already “working”, money hopefully wouldn’t be a problem this time. And Holy week would be a better time to go, so I can surely take with me my special someone to summer paradise and have the ultimate, COMPLETE summer vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home