Latest Obssession.
Who would have thought that lazy old me (ex-athlete...take note: emphasis on the EX...harharhar) would get myself addicted to FITNESS?????
Ive actually noticed the extra curves (lets be more positive...hehehe! bulges talaga sha!) when I was in Beijing. The Chinese food maybe? plus PMS bloating? So Ive set my mind on a JUST DO IT mode: that when I get back home from Beijing, Id really really lose the extra weight. Of course, getting to choose a sport that I could really get into. Defintely swimming was out. I dunno but after 12 years of doing it...God. No thanks. It was a toss up between boxing and surprise, surprise...YOGA!
Here goes a special shout out to a kind officemate who introduced be to this addictive uh, sport (?). Thank you, thank you...THANK YOU GIRL! ;p This officemate of mine has been doing yoga religiously, and I do mean religiously for the past few months. So she asked me if I wanted to give it a shot. Sure enough, I was convinced with her sales talk and dragged myself to class last week. Well, come to think of it...I didn't drag myself to class. I practically hopped and skipped to it! I was so damn excited! HahahahaÜ
Bikram Yoga class was more than I expected. I told my officemate that I was not so sure if she brainwashed me so well or if the class was just GREAT. But it truly was. I was feeling some of the benefits the day after my 1st class.
And this was one of the most surprising things: I never did feel exhausted after! I am coming from years of experience of doing cross training: from swimming to aero to running to badminton to table tennis and more. Plus, I didn't feel famished after. Usually, one would feel so hungry after a workout, but here...gosh, I didn't. So I end up not eating after class. Net net, hindi ako nakakakain ng dinner.
Also, you're not allowed to eat 3-4hours before class...so you're forced not to eat. Our other officemate who ate 1 piece of chocnut before class felt nauseous the whole time. Also since you're working out in a heated room, you have to drink lots of water. Ive been drinking around 2-3 gallons a day...maybe even more!
Ive read Bikram's book and gosh, the benefits of yogaÜ Im really really looking into taking the class everyday for the next 2 months. Considering it as an INVESTMENT
I highly recommend doing yoga for people who are, as stressed or maybe even more stressed out than I am. Maybe you should try it out...the 1st class is free anywayÜ
Let me know if you're interested so that I can fill you in on more detailsÜ
Ive actually noticed the extra curves (lets be more positive...hehehe! bulges talaga sha!) when I was in Beijing. The Chinese food maybe? plus PMS bloating? So Ive set my mind on a JUST DO IT mode: that when I get back home from Beijing, Id really really lose the extra weight. Of course, getting to choose a sport that I could really get into. Defintely swimming was out. I dunno but after 12 years of doing it...God. No thanks. It was a toss up between boxing and surprise, surprise...YOGA!
Here goes a special shout out to a kind officemate who introduced be to this addictive uh, sport (?). Thank you, thank you...THANK YOU GIRL! ;p This officemate of mine has been doing yoga religiously, and I do mean religiously for the past few months. So she asked me if I wanted to give it a shot. Sure enough, I was convinced with her sales talk and dragged myself to class last week. Well, come to think of it...I didn't drag myself to class. I practically hopped and skipped to it! I was so damn excited! HahahahaÜ
Bikram Yoga class was more than I expected. I told my officemate that I was not so sure if she brainwashed me so well or if the class was just GREAT. But it truly was. I was feeling some of the benefits the day after my 1st class.
And this was one of the most surprising things: I never did feel exhausted after! I am coming from years of experience of doing cross training: from swimming to aero to running to badminton to table tennis and more. Plus, I didn't feel famished after. Usually, one would feel so hungry after a workout, but here...gosh, I didn't. So I end up not eating after class. Net net, hindi ako nakakakain ng dinner.
Also, you're not allowed to eat 3-4hours before class...so you're forced not to eat. Our other officemate who ate 1 piece of chocnut before class felt nauseous the whole time. Also since you're working out in a heated room, you have to drink lots of water. Ive been drinking around 2-3 gallons a day...maybe even more!
Ive read Bikram's book and gosh, the benefits of yogaÜ Im really really looking into taking the class everyday for the next 2 months. Considering it as an INVESTMENT
I highly recommend doing yoga for people who are, as stressed or maybe even more stressed out than I am. Maybe you should try it out...the 1st class is free anywayÜ
Let me know if you're interested so that I can fill you in on more detailsÜ
1 Comments:
At November 13, 2005 at 4:36:00 PM GMT+8 ,
KV said...
I read about Bikram Yoga in a mag before...Cosmo, I think? How was the class? Where was it held? :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home