A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Wednesday, June 25

Taking the Big Leap in Photography

Weeeeeeee! I finally "graduated" from my Basic Photography class last night. And I was and still am very much happy I did take the class with Leo Castillo. He did help strip away my "insecurity" with my camera through teaching not only the Hows and the Whys but also the essence of photography which is communicating a message in a single frame.

It was a relaxing night of LOTS of food (Krispy Kreme, Pancit Habhab, Mango Torte, KFC, Yellow Cab Pizza, Sisig and more cake), good photos and very very very very helpful, inspiring learnings.

I will be sharing 10 Important Next Steps for taking the Big Leap in Photography after this class:
1. Keep Shooting..."Tira Tira!" ika nga ni Kim Chiu
2. Continue your growth through learning more about the craft. Reading books, attend more classes, etc.
3. Re-attend Photoworks.
4. Do the photo projects...AGAIN!
5. Do your own photo projects.
- I think I will be doing the 12 week shoot. 1 roll per week/50 digital photos per week and 1
BEST photo.
6. Go beyond photography to expand your creativity
7. Print your photos
- In fairness, it does feel different seeing your photos on print. I will be getting myself an
album where I can put ALL my good photos.
8. Delete your bad photos...Time to purge. Out with the bad and in with the good...este with the best!
9. Do a photo exhibit! Kung kakaririn...Todo na to!
10. Keep on shooting and...HAVE FUN!

Just to share, I am taking another photography class starting tonight! Hahaha! Yehey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home