“Now that you’ll be moving on/ moving up, what will you miss about Youth For Christ (YFC)?!?”
Last night’s household (a.k.a prayer meeting) was 2nd to the last of the “turnover” series. And this was the most stupidest (pun intended), most no brainer question posed in my whole year of service as cluster head in the east A sector.
Hello!!!! Of course, I will miss EVERYTHING!!!
Like I said last night, YFC is part of what I am today. YFC is running in my blood…in my soul. YFC is my life.
I’ve been with YFC, when it still wasn’t called YFC. It was just Couples for Christ’s Young Adults (YA) program. Unlike the YFC members today, we did not have youth camps (3 days-2nights retreat with all the exciting stuff), just Life in the Spirit Seminars, fondly called LSS (13 Saturdays or Sundays like what Couples did…ewwww!). I was only 11 years old when I started out (and was forced to attend...practically dragged to the Church, with me kicking and screaming) plus I was at the peak of my swimming career. Therefore, I felt out of place since most of the people were already in high school or college while I was still in Grade School. I always had an excuse not to attend since there were competitions during weekends or I had to catch up on my school work since I had my training everyday, etc, etc. I was delinquent member then…
Until I decided to stop swimming. My sister and I were forced to join the International Leaders’ Conference (ILC) in IloIlo that fateful summer of 1998. We both were feeling high and mighty since we were daughters of prominent CFC leaders. We were also known as THE swimmers (with matching broad shoulders and muscular biceps!). So, at first, we really kept our distance, hardly smiling at the other members with eyebrows arched pa.
The ILC is an annual event of the community, gathering thousands from all over the country…all over the globe actually, showcasing the talents of young people (bastketball, volleyball, dancing, singing, etc. etc) done for God’s greater glory. My sister and I decided to represent our sector in the cheering competition (Yes friends, I can dance…well, I think used to). We had training/practice/rehearsal almost everyday. So, we eventually gained friends…and though we didn’t get to dance at the ILC in IloIlo, we genuinely had a blast!
The rest of it is history. I have been a member, household head, unit head, and now am outgoing cluster head of EastA1. I have met people, from all walks of life: rich, poor, city gals and guys, probinsianos; people with different life experiences: those who are extremely blessed and those who crave of love and attention. People whom I have learned a lot from: lessons in life and love, and, most especially, lessons in faith, commitment and service.
Now that I will be moving on (well, struggling to) to hopefully “greener” pastures in Singles For Christ…I will hold on to everything that YFC has given me. My friends, my experiences, my wisdom, my family, my love, my life…my God.
I thank God for using YFC to mold me into the person I am today.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Last night’s household (a.k.a prayer meeting) was 2nd to the last of the “turnover” series. And this was the most stupidest (pun intended), most no brainer question posed in my whole year of service as cluster head in the east A sector.
Hello!!!! Of course, I will miss EVERYTHING!!!
Like I said last night, YFC is part of what I am today. YFC is running in my blood…in my soul. YFC is my life.
I’ve been with YFC, when it still wasn’t called YFC. It was just Couples for Christ’s Young Adults (YA) program. Unlike the YFC members today, we did not have youth camps (3 days-2nights retreat with all the exciting stuff), just Life in the Spirit Seminars, fondly called LSS (13 Saturdays or Sundays like what Couples did…ewwww!). I was only 11 years old when I started out (and was forced to attend...practically dragged to the Church, with me kicking and screaming) plus I was at the peak of my swimming career. Therefore, I felt out of place since most of the people were already in high school or college while I was still in Grade School. I always had an excuse not to attend since there were competitions during weekends or I had to catch up on my school work since I had my training everyday, etc, etc. I was delinquent member then…
Until I decided to stop swimming. My sister and I were forced to join the International Leaders’ Conference (ILC) in IloIlo that fateful summer of 1998. We both were feeling high and mighty since we were daughters of prominent CFC leaders. We were also known as THE swimmers (with matching broad shoulders and muscular biceps!). So, at first, we really kept our distance, hardly smiling at the other members with eyebrows arched pa.
The ILC is an annual event of the community, gathering thousands from all over the country…all over the globe actually, showcasing the talents of young people (bastketball, volleyball, dancing, singing, etc. etc) done for God’s greater glory. My sister and I decided to represent our sector in the cheering competition (Yes friends, I can dance…well, I think used to). We had training/practice/rehearsal almost everyday. So, we eventually gained friends…and though we didn’t get to dance at the ILC in IloIlo, we genuinely had a blast!
The rest of it is history. I have been a member, household head, unit head, and now am outgoing cluster head of EastA1. I have met people, from all walks of life: rich, poor, city gals and guys, probinsianos; people with different life experiences: those who are extremely blessed and those who crave of love and attention. People whom I have learned a lot from: lessons in life and love, and, most especially, lessons in faith, commitment and service.
Now that I will be moving on (well, struggling to) to hopefully “greener” pastures in Singles For Christ…I will hold on to everything that YFC has given me. My friends, my experiences, my wisdom, my family, my love, my life…my God.
I thank God for using YFC to mold me into the person I am today.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home