A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Saturday, August 7

I'm a workaholic in denial.

I have realized I am. A schmuck who hates her work as much as she loves it.

I do complain about my work. A LOT. Ask Duane. He receives my rants about my long work hours, the pressure...everything. Ask Mareng Ida. Day in and day out: from our coffee time in the morning to lunch break till we get on the FX, we nitpick here and there. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Ask my parents, my siblings. They hardly get to talk to me or even see me at home. They've left the house off to school when I wake up. They're asleep when I arrive home from work.

There are times I can't even grab a bite. And even worse, get some decent sleep. All because of work. All for the love of work.

Come to think of it. Yes, I love my work.

I would not be up at 1:22am, downloading a file for work...on a weekend, if I did hate hate my work.

Despite of and inspite of all the pain and suffering (physical, mental, emotional and maybe even spiritual!), working as a media planner/buyer in Starcom has its lighter side. I think it is the people. The people in Starcom are the best...simply the vestest! (especially in the SMC grp! woohoo! biased!)

I love 'em all. They are one of the reasons (still several naman...in all fairness) why I still don't dread going to the office.

Plus, I guess its the challenge of the work. I am (most of the time) up for a challenge. Madalas ayaw magpatalo. Harharhar.

See? Workaholic in denial noh?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home