Where to go from here...
I am stuck at home with a killer of a headache and slight fever. Not really a perfect way to get off the daily grind at the office.
For the past weeks, Ive been contemplating about my career. Should I stay or should I go? (tandantantantantantantan...). I envy those people who have already started to work on their passions. The feeling that despite of all the stress they go through, they still are fulfilled with the work. It's double the effort for others who are not exactly happy with the work.
So here I am at a crossroad. Of course, I need a job. No arguing about that point. Sa hirap ba naman ng buhay ngayon. I have to help out my family, as well as build on my future life, whatever plans God has laid down for me.
What do I really want to do? Is it with media? brand? strat planning? research? Anu ba talaga koya?!?
I honestly could not pin down what it is exactly, but I have my requirements, which include the ff:
1. not as stressful (I guess you should really enjoy the work)
a. less OT work
b. no working on weekends and holidays
2. office, hopefully, should be within Ortigas area (Travel time really eats up the day and energy)
3. I should relate to the brand. (It's hard to sell a product if you don't even believe in it...)
4. Good compensation (it really depends on the overall package offer)
So last Monday, Erika, Bon and I went to watch results night of Philippine Idol (which was both a joy and a disappointment: a joy cuz I got to catch a live performance by Lea Salonga for FREE; while a disappointment since Pow got booted out.) While waiting for the show to start, Bon whipped out a stack of cards (from this book..I forgot the title) which will apparently help clear out the career path rut. I ended up with a card that said "researching things". True enough, it tugged a career heartstring.
Next steps? Im still confused. If moving to research (and pwede din ang strat planning), would mean risking starting from scratch, would it be worth it if Id be happier at work?
God Help Me. Again.
For the past weeks, Ive been contemplating about my career. Should I stay or should I go? (tandantantantantantantan...). I envy those people who have already started to work on their passions. The feeling that despite of all the stress they go through, they still are fulfilled with the work. It's double the effort for others who are not exactly happy with the work.
So here I am at a crossroad. Of course, I need a job. No arguing about that point. Sa hirap ba naman ng buhay ngayon. I have to help out my family, as well as build on my future life, whatever plans God has laid down for me.
What do I really want to do? Is it with media? brand? strat planning? research? Anu ba talaga koya?!?
I honestly could not pin down what it is exactly, but I have my requirements, which include the ff:
1. not as stressful (I guess you should really enjoy the work)
a. less OT work
b. no working on weekends and holidays
2. office, hopefully, should be within Ortigas area (Travel time really eats up the day and energy)
3. I should relate to the brand. (It's hard to sell a product if you don't even believe in it...)
4. Good compensation (it really depends on the overall package offer)
So last Monday, Erika, Bon and I went to watch results night of Philippine Idol (which was both a joy and a disappointment: a joy cuz I got to catch a live performance by Lea Salonga for FREE; while a disappointment since Pow got booted out.) While waiting for the show to start, Bon whipped out a stack of cards (from this book..I forgot the title) which will apparently help clear out the career path rut. I ended up with a card that said "researching things". True enough, it tugged a career heartstring.
Next steps? Im still confused. If moving to research (and pwede din ang strat planning), would mean risking starting from scratch, would it be worth it if Id be happier at work?
God Help Me. Again.

1 Comments:
At November 23, 2006 at 5:45:00 PM GMT+8 ,
kaye said...
if it tugged a career heartstring, then maybe it'll be worth looking into. :) and i don't think you should worry about starting from scratch... i think we're young enough to still be able to start from scratch. :) and besides, you'll most likely be good at it, Di! :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home