A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Tuesday, September 25

Confidence versus Arrogance

It was this small article in this month's Seventeen magazine. It was simple yet struck a chord. I won't paraphrase because I would want everyone to appreciate the powerful thought behind the words.

"CONFIDENCE: what it isn't

Confidence's ugly step sister is arrogance. She mayseem just as sure of herself, but if you look at hr core, she's empty inside. What's the difference? Confidence looks in the mirror and sees her flaws but also sees her true worth. Arrogance looks in the mirror, sees her flaws, and tries to hide them with lots of cheap cover ups like boastful words ['Look at me! I'm the prettiest girl in the whole world!] and petty putdowns ['Yuck! She's so pangit, not like me.']. Arrogance hates Confidence because Confidence has something Arrogance doesn't have: security...Security comes from knowing your true value and letting your true value come frmo who you are. Insecurity comes from lessening your value by basing your worth on what you have, what you want desperately to be, or what people say you are."

With this, I would think arrogance and insecurity go hand in hand with crab mentality.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home