Bourdain's Traveler's Tips
I love the traveling style (if there is such a thing) of Bourdain in No Reservations. He, and/or the show's producers always, always goes off the beaten track to get a taste of the country/region. Here are some tips which I picked up myself, which will be very useful in future travel escapades:
1. Be a traveler and not a tourist.
- Avoid the tourist traps at all times! These are usually non-authentic and will rip you off.
2. Follow them locals!
- The good stuff is where the locals are.
3. Culture is in the streets.
- Taste the street food before hitting the fine dining establishments.
In the meantime, since I am stripped off of traveling funds, traveling through the boob tube/PC monitor will do.
1. Be a traveler and not a tourist.
- Avoid the tourist traps at all times! These are usually non-authentic and will rip you off.
2. Follow them locals!
- The good stuff is where the locals are.
3. Culture is in the streets.
- Taste the street food before hitting the fine dining establishments.
In the meantime, since I am stripped off of traveling funds, traveling through the boob tube/PC monitor will do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home