a DIFFERENT Bookstore
My good friend, Erika, sent me an SMS last night on the Magic that would be happening today in a Different Bookstore Eastwood.
The SMS read "Less than 24 hours to go before the magic begins for the last time. Harry POtter day at A Different Bookstore (Eastwood Br) starts at 7am with free breakfast for early birds who buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!But there's so much more magic! Existing discount holders who buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on July 212007 get upgraded to become 15% Gold discount holders. 15% discount for succeeding regular book purchases up to Dec 2008. For those who are not yet discoutn holders, take advantage of July 21 2007. Buy ur Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows frm us and u will receive ur 12% Silver discount card valid for succeeding regular book purchases until Dec 2008. Now isn't that magic?"
And so, being the Harry Potter fan that I am, I woke up this morning at 515 am to get myself to Eastwood before 7am for the release of the last (sadly!) installment of the series.
I was not disappointed with the brand experience. it was MAGIC.
Though I wasn't able to get an early reservation for the book, I got to get a whole lot of perks, a little goes a really long way:
1. The bookstore had a book release ceremony...ala New Year's Eve countdown which excited us fans, of course. Clerks dressed as Harry Potter (with cloaks, glasses and even a lighting shaped scar!) cut open boxes of Harry Potter Book 7 in front of the bookstore entrance at exactly 7am. Cool!
2. While waiting in line, the clerks handed out the discount card app forms. They actually recognized the need for excited fans to keep busy while waiting! On top of that, for those who reserved their copies, they had the chance to get additional P50 rebate if you get to answer Harry Potter trivia. Über fun! Hehehe. Babaw noh?
3. And yes, totoong magkakadiscount card ka! hahaha! Though I didn't make a reservation, I got a 12% Silver discount card. Yey!
4. I was really expecting a not so appetizing free breakfast. That's why I brought along my Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (CBTL) coupon for a buy one, take one breakfast for me and Erika. But no, sosyal! Each was entitled to a free STARBUCKS breakfast: a choice between a pastry and brewed coffee or a frapuccino.
Now that's brand experience.
I walked away giddy from happiness of the a Different Bookstore Brand experience and, of course, the revelations in store in Book 7.
Whoopsidoo!
Now, I just have to finish my Comm Rev so that I can curl up on my bed and read away.
Hey, no giving away of the ending PUHLEEZE!
Cheerio!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home