A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Tuesday, May 20

Balancing Act

I've realized I am the type of person who MUST live a balanced life to be happy.

My past says so.
My present says so.
The future will be so.
Because the stars says so.

In the past, it was a balancing act between school and the pool. I would not be able to splish splash unless I had good grades. No clubs (aside from varsity). No soirees. No telebabad sessions. No weekend gimmicks. Life was basically, school to pool and pool to school.

Also in the nearer past, in my college life, when I drained the chlorine from my system, it was a balancing act between school and YFC. Once school was done, I'd always find myself within the confines of my community. Weekdays devoted to classes, group studies, group meetings, and the like; while weekends were devoted to household meetings, chapter/cluster/sector activities, youthcamps, retreats, and more. No block gimmicks. No school parties. No weekend ekskarsyons with classmates. Life was basically, school to YFC and YFC to school.

Yet in the nearest past, in my early work life, it was a balancing act between

Later in the work life, when Mama left for the US (3x in 6-month intervals to be exact), it was a balancing act between work and the family.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home