Is distance sweeter the second time around?
Duane left last Sunday to spend another 6 months of hard work in the hot desert sands of Dubai. All I can say is that it's harder to let go the 2nd time around.
I got to have a decent send-off as compared to the 1st time. I got to hold him tight and kiss him while crying (Huhuhuhu!) unlike the cold beso only send off last March. As I walked away from the gate, I turned back and ran to him again because I really wished the embrace would never end...
I couldn't even sit still through the mass. Aside from the fact that Fr. Arnold's masses really suck, I wished I stayed longer in Duane's arms. So the tears still managed to escape my eyes. Pigil na pigil na ako since I really didn't want people to notice the crazy girl crying through mass.
That night, from my bedroom, I literally watched his plane fade away from the Manila skies as I cried my heart out. (For those who don't know, our house has a sweet view of the Manila Cityscape) Sabi nga namin, pang sine sha. Pan to Didi with tears streaming down her face tapos cut to Emirates airplane taking off tapos pan to Duane inside the plane.
Of course, that morning, maga ang mata ko from all the crying. But I knew that it would be better...I am stronger. I remember crying every single night in the 1st 2 weeks Duane left. It was just plain tiring.
Now, I feel more alive and loved even if Duane is a thousand miles away from me...I dunno. For some weird reason I do.
So here's to another 6 months of waiting for my one great true love to come home to my arms...Fast forward to March 2009 please.
I got to have a decent send-off as compared to the 1st time. I got to hold him tight and kiss him while crying (Huhuhuhu!) unlike the cold beso only send off last March. As I walked away from the gate, I turned back and ran to him again because I really wished the embrace would never end...
I couldn't even sit still through the mass. Aside from the fact that Fr. Arnold's masses really suck, I wished I stayed longer in Duane's arms. So the tears still managed to escape my eyes. Pigil na pigil na ako since I really didn't want people to notice the crazy girl crying through mass.
That night, from my bedroom, I literally watched his plane fade away from the Manila skies as I cried my heart out. (For those who don't know, our house has a sweet view of the Manila Cityscape) Sabi nga namin, pang sine sha. Pan to Didi with tears streaming down her face tapos cut to Emirates airplane taking off tapos pan to Duane inside the plane.
Of course, that morning, maga ang mata ko from all the crying. But I knew that it would be better...I am stronger. I remember crying every single night in the 1st 2 weeks Duane left. It was just plain tiring.
Now, I feel more alive and loved even if Duane is a thousand miles away from me...I dunno. For some weird reason I do.
So here's to another 6 months of waiting for my one great true love to come home to my arms...Fast forward to March 2009 please.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home