A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Sunday, August 14

The poet in me.

I used to write a LOT in the days of yore. some even i said i was (take note: past tense) a good writer.

i unearthed i poem i wrote during those days. susme. high school days pa.

Just be (circa '98-'99)

I ask you not to bring down the stars for me
I ask you not to build your world around me
I ask you not to get down on your knees
I ask you not to swim the seven seas

I didn't ask you to bring me flowers
I didn't ask you to woo me till wee hours
I didn't ask you to write me songs of praise
I didn't ask you to wrap me in your warm embrace

I just wanted to be honest
I just wanted to give my best
I just wanted to be fair
I just wanted you to still be there

You told me you loved me
You told me you cared
You promised throughout eternity
You promised you'd be there

Just listen to my breathing
Just listen to me speaking
Just listen to my heart beating
Just listen...

You are different from the rest
I believe you deserve the best
Truly I know who is she
And that girl can never be me

I hope that nothing would change
I know that this will seem strange
Just be there till the end
Just be my bestfriend

So Dawson's Creek right? ;p

HeheÜ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home