A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Monday, October 20

Top Picks: Childhood Movies

These are the Top 10 movies which I have loved and continue to love dearly. Old school is cool. I actually let my younger sisters watch all of these movies to appreciate what I got to enjoy when I was young.

1. Princess Bride - "As you wish..." said the Farm Boy to Princess Buttercup

2. Willow - I remember we often had this for film viewing in gradeschool...
3. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - My favorite scene is when they enter the Candy Room and go wild. Life size gummi bears hanging from trees, a chocolate river...Drool.
4. The Polar Bear King - I always looked forward to this on Million Dollar movies on ABS CBN
5. The Neverending Story - Falkor, Atreyu and Bastian will always be in my heart. I was pleasantly surprised this was actually based on a book by Michael Ende, which I read whenever I want to escape.
6. The Last Unicorn - This movie, which I caught on then SBN 21, catapulted me to my unicorn phase. I started to collect unicorn posters after seeing how beautiful these creatures were...
7. Labyrinth - The Magic of Jim Henson lingers to this day. But the sight of David Bowie's crotch in tights...uh, forgettable. Well, Id rather not think about it. Hehehehe.
8. Spaceballs - My 1st Mel Brooks movie which I got to watch post Star Wars. The greenness of the humor I didn't get that time...but it was a funny movie which tickled my sci-fi bone.
9. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - I watched this movie on laser disc, the gargantuan ancient counterpart of today's DVD, at my cousin's house in BF.
10. Witches - My second favorite Roald Dahl movie. This scared the hell out of me when I was small. The witches were grotesque...which made them the stuff of nightmares.

How about you, what are your favorite childhood movies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home