A Fat Girl's Diary

The oh-so many frustrations in life.

Saturday, October 25

Top Picks: Fave Food Shows

The addiction became full-blown during the cable days (we don't have cable anymore...cost cutting measures) This is all thanks to the Lifestyle Network who fed me and my family with mouth watering cooking and dining shows every single day. Too bad we don't have cable anymore so no Discovery Travel and Living. BOO.

1. Wok with Yan - If you grew up in the 80's, you definitely watched this show on IBC13...2. Alton Brown's Good Eats - This for me is edu-tainment. I do love Alton Brown's witty lines and the bits, or maybe even chunks, of food and food prep knowledge you gain from each episode. 3. Mario Batali's Ciao America - Mario Batali goes around the USA in search of variations of Italian favorites. Batali's enthusiasm, rather passion for food, gets your salivary glands on overdrive...hence the constant drooling.
4. Unwrapped - Did you know how the Tootsie Roll became THE Tootsie Roll? Learn more about your favorite foodstuff on this show.
5. Bobby Flay's Food Nation - Bobby Flay travels across the 50 states to learn more about each state's distinct cuisine. Travel + Eating = DA BEST!
6. Iron Chef Japan and America - You will be amazed how these chefs will whip up gastronomic wonders with the strangest of ingredients. I remember we'd always be late for church because the timeslot of the show was before mass. Hehehe. Replays were still watched with much gusto.
7. Top Chef - I am proud to say I have watched this show from season 1 to 4. And am very much excited and looking forward to the 5th season, which will be in New York City! I already marked my calendar for the season premiere. Thanks to YouTube, I'd be able to watch. Hehehe.
8. Kitchen Nightmares - See a different side of Gordon Ramsay as he helps restauranteurs bring back life into their miserable businesses. Though he still swears and curses a whole lot, which adds more spice to the show. Hehehe. You get to see another facet of the restaurant industry which you don't get to usually see on other food shows.
9. Barefoot Contessa - I'd want to be in her shoes. Living in her Hamptons home with her hubby and cooking up wonderful meals every single day. Ahhhh...the AB Housewife life, every girl's ultimate dream.
10. The Urban Peasant - I never missed James Barbers' show on Discovery at noontime. He was like your jolly lolo who loved to share his wisdom and experience with you. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago...which made me a wee bit sad.
How I wish I could collect DVDs of all these shows, especially the old ones....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home